Thursday, December 12, 2013

QBC Retreat 2013


My program and several other graduate programs in the Quantitative Biosciences Consortium (QBC) just returned from our annual retreat to Asilomar in Pacific Grove, CA. While there we heard talks from both students and professors, enjoyed humorous skits performed by the second years, and despite the chilly temperatures people braved walks on the beach during conference breaks. 

I feel as though I am sometimes in a chemistry bubble, so it was great to see the research interests of students in other programs. I myself presented at one of the poster sessions. The people who stopped by my poster had lots of positive feedback and suggestions for experiments.  I'm not sure how much time I will have to begin things before the holidays, but I'm excited to try some of these new directions come January! 

No comments:

Post a Comment